iOS have introduced a feature that is suppose to help you load your recent applications faster. This means that when you are in an application and you hit the home button, the application is still open in the background so that next time you open that app it will already be on the same screen you “closed” it in. Shutting down your applications correctly will drastically improve your battery charge.
Application Shutdown Procedure
- Click the home button to be taken to the home screen.
- Double click the home button and a bar of your currently open apps will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Touch & Hold one of the apps and a small red “x” will appear in the top right hand corner of that app icon.
- Touch that red “x” and the app will no be shutdown correctly.
- Repeat step 4 for all the remaining applications that are currently open.
- Click the home button once to go back to the home screen.
If you can get into a habit of shutting down your applications correctly, your battery charge will last longer for you.